Friday, April 26, 2013

Habitat for Humanity


Over Spring Break, I, along with my family and friends, took part in a volunteer organization known as Habitat for Humanity. This is a charity organization that volunteers to build homes for those in need but cannot afford one. I had the amazing opportunity to volunteer and give back to my community. Out of all the service projects I have done, Habitat for Humanity is by far the most charitable and rewarding project. I got to engage with many of my close friends and family, and even people from my church, St. John Vianney. During this service project, there were several activities to choose from. These activities consisted of: interior/exterior painting, plastering, grouting, roof work, and much more. I chose interior painting and grouting. This was a very new experience for me because I have never been around such caring and selfless people. Everyone seemed to be so happy to be helping others in need, and it really opened up my eyes to those who were less fortunate. I am very blessed to have been able to take part in such a beautiful organization and I would highly recommend this to every person any age. Habitat for Humanity changed me as a person and brought me closer to my family and friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment